Dienstag, 23. November 2010

First Impression


As you might have already guessed, the book I picked is "Winnie-the-Pooh"
After I  began to read it I decided to watch a movie about it ("The Tigger movie"), that I found by chance, together with some other movies, that should have been part of my childhood-but weren´t,
because I wasn´t really interested in some -as I called them-"silly, sweet-tempered laughing stocks".
And though I may be to old for it now, I took the chance to fill the empty spaces in my mind :)

It would  be to much if I tried to tell you about the whole book, so I decided just to tell you the most important things:
  • about the story(book)
  • about the film
  • about the characters(book vs. film)
1. We´ll start with some words about the book
    As you already know, I wasn´t really fond of Winnie-the-Pooh; though I had never seen or read it
    and that´s exactly the point, I didn´t know about it.
    Indeed there´s one thing I really was right about:
    Winnie-the-Pooh is the most stupid character I´ve ever  heard of.
    But(and that´s the most important thing!!!) though he is what he is-stupid, he experiences and finds out very, very important things about life, important things, that many, many people, even people that are cleverer than this little, old fellow will never know about...
    And so the book goes on, Winnie and his friends go on experiencing life more, more and more...


    2. About the film:

    As it happens, everybody -- Pooh, Piglet, Eeyore, Roo, Rabbit, Owl -- is busy preparing a suitable winter home for Eeyore.
    When everything they do seems to get undone by Tigger´s exuberant bouncing, Rabbit suggests Tigger to go and find other Tiggers to bounce with -- a notion Tigger finds ridiculous because, after all, he´s "the one and only!"
    Or isn´t he? And so begins Tigger´s amazing journey to find his family.

     3. And now some characters and their presentation (film vs. book):
      --  the main character is Winnie-the-Pooh, of course. There is not much difference between book and film.
      --  As Tigger, the tiger, is the "hero" of the film, there is more room for his presentation as in the book. While he originally is mentioned as a simple playful guy,the film also describes him as playful, but   clumsy, and (as he thinks, he is the only tiger in the world...) lonesome figure, a bit tragic and desperate, but easy to inspire, a bit selfish, but of good nature.
    In the end he finds out, that his real family are his friends.

    BTW: Tigger, the tiger, reminds me of a comic-figure named Marsupilami, that we can find in the stories about Fantasio and Spirou (the author was the famous Belgian cartoonist Andre Franquin):
    both, Tigger and Marsupilami, move by bouncing with their long tails, both are a bit simple minded. Marsupilami is irritable and much more aggressive than the docile Tigger, but overall also "simpatico".

    (about 430 words)

    4 Kommentare:

    1. (I forgot to mention,that Winnie-the-Pooh`s nick is Raquel :) )

      AntwortenLöschen
    2. Raqui your comment is so sweet (:
      And i like your blog.

      AntwortenLöschen
    3. Write more! I like you´re blog too. Great first impression!nici

      AntwortenLöschen
    4. hey raqui
      you blog is very nice and i think you should write more !
      well done
      ly Toni

      AntwortenLöschen