Donnerstag, 2. Dezember 2010

Development/Prediction

 Winds of change?

I don´t think, that any character will ever change easily.
All will experience and learn many things, but probably they won´t change,
and therefore always commit the same faults.
I know, that we are always told, that people are able to change, and, that they really do, but does that fit to Winnie-the-Pooh?
I don´t even know, if I can see them, as if they were persons.
The question is: "They are animals with human attitudes, but does that really turn them into human beings?"
I´m not sure.
But the thing I know is, that this book was especially made for children.
And I can´t imagine, that childen make character analysis, or that they are interested in any character development.My opinion is , that it´s totally contraproductive to tell little children about characters with multiple faces,to try to explain them the possibility of contradictions of the human soul
(and so on and so forth...). Ambivalence is not for children.
Children need characters, they can trust or believe in, firm characters; in funny, sweet stories, that make them sleep every night, that they can think of, when they wake up again, stories, that make them laugh...
So, why should an author try to complicate a book for children?
Shouldn´t he just invent the funniest and greatest stories to make his readers happy?
I think they all should and I hope, they do...
(meant are the children´s book writers)
(247)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen